If talking about the year 1924, the budget of the country was 70 per cent stake in the railway budget. Greater share of the country's budget by the Railway budget railway budget separate from the general budget proposal was accepted to William. Since then the railway budget is presented separately from the general budget. When the railway budget was separated from the general budget, at that time the railway using public transport was 75 per cent and 90 per cent in freight.
Lord Dalhousie in 1843, the year the country had the idea to start an Indian railway network. April 16, 1853, the first train ran between Mumbai and Thane. Let us know the full story of Indian Railways-in points
Lord Dalhousie introduces an idea in the year of 1843 to Indian railway network in the country.
The first train ran between Mumbai and Thane on 16 April 1853. The journey was a distance of 35 kilometers.
The first passenger train between ran Howrah and Hooghly on 15 August 1854- were fired. East Indian Railway was opened to the general public.
- March 3, 1859 - was the start of the train between Allahabad and Kanpur.
- The first train from Calcutta to Delhi on 1st August-1864-. At Allahabad Gangas Cross by Steamer.
- 1872 - First Class compartments of the facility began in the air cooler.
- It abysmally 1880- Railway extends approximately 9,000 miles (about 14,400 kilometers) had been to.
- 1891- Railway was an initiative to facilitate the people. Toilets in the first class compartments was made, but the lower-class coaches took a lot of time in the toilet.
- 1899- 'Lady Curzon' name first steam engine built in Ajmer.
- Toilets made 1907- lower class compartments.
- 1920- Akhwarth some suggestions to the government by committee. Based on those recommendations, the government took its railway operations.
- 1921- East India Railway Committee chairman Sir William Akhwarth saw that the whole railway system needs a better management.
- 1924- Eckwerth has proposed to the general budget to be separate of railway , which was accepted and the railroad was separated from the general budget to the budget.
- 1925 - railway budget separate from the general budget after the first Railway Budget was presented.
- 1936 people comfortable journey was arranged to give the air conditioner coaches.
- January 26, 1950 - Chittaranjan Loco Works (CLW) was established. The first steam engine "Deshbandhu" was made here. Electric engines are made here now.
- 1952 - Passenger category Light and wings were arranged in compartments.
- 1967 - Second class sleeper coaches in long distance trains have been arranged so that people can get the rest and they can sleep in peace.
- 1972 - Quite an important day in the history of the railway. Steam engines were stopped in 1972.
- 1986 - This was the period when stored in railway technology for the move. Computerised Reservation in Delhi began in 1986.
- December 2, 1999 on the World Heritage Darjeeling Himalayan Railway (World Heritage) was made.
- In 2009-10, the then railway minister Mamata Banerjee with the young express Durnto introduced.