Here are 10 Facts about Mumbai that will make your feel proude.
1. India's first train ran between Mumbai and Thane in 1853
On 16 April 1853, India's first train started its activity. Mumbai Locals are the busiest railroads on the planet and convey around 2.2 billion travelers consistently. Mumbai likewise has the most outdated electric rail chain in India, which was introduced in 1925.
2. Mumbai was the first to begin a transport benefit in India
It was on 15 July 1926, that the principal ever transport benefit in India was begun. The main course was ridden between Afghan Church and Crawford Market.
3. World's most costly house is in Mumbai
Antilia, Mukesh Ambani's 27-story high rise is refered to as the world's most costly house, esteemed at nearly $1 billion. The business big shot moved into the 400,000 square feet manor in 2012 with his significant other and three youngsters.
4. The Bandra-Worli Sea Link is comprised of bond and steel wire equivalent to the size of the earth
Formally known as Rajiv Gandhi Sea Link, it has a length of around 5.6 kms. It was made with 90,000 tons of concrete and steel wire equivalent to the world's circumference.
5. We as a whole realize that it was called Bombay before, yet you know why?
At the point when the city was in the hands of the Portuguese, they saw it was a characteristic water narrows. Consequently, they called it 'Bom Bhaia', which is the Portuguese expression for 'good cove'. Afterward, Bombay was given to the British as settlement when a Portuguese princess wedded an English ruler. They renamed the city Bombay.
6. Mumbai was at one time an archipelago of 7 islands
Albeit now associated, the islands that shaped 'Bombay' are Isle of Bombay, Colaba, Old Woman's Island (Little Colaba), Mahim, Mazagaon, Parel and Worli. It assumed control 5 centuries to join them together to frame a feeling called 'Bombay'. These were renowned angling focuses and a portion of these networks are as yet dynamic.
7. Mumbai was renamed after a neighborhood sanctuary god
Mumbadevi, the benefactor goddess of the angling network motivated the name 'Mumbai'. 'Mumba' is the name of the goddess and 'ai' is mother. The Mumbadevi sanctuary is arranged in Bhuleshwar.
8. Mumbai has a coastline of around 150 kilometers
Relatively few individuals think about its huge coastline. Appropriate from Marine Drive to Aksa Beach, Mumbai has enormous coastline. Marine Drive is flawlessly adorned with the 'ruler's accessory'.
9. Mumbai is a standout amongst the most accommodating urban areas of India
As per a ton of voyagers, Mumbai has demonstrated supportive mentality many occasions over. It has persevered through a considerable measure of agony through fear assaults and regular catastrophes, however even in those tough occasions, it has not neglected to loan some assistance.
10. The Mumbai-Pune railroad line was worked by a lady
It was in 1863 that the Mumbai-Pune railroad line was worked by Alice Tredwell, spouse of Solomon Tredwell.