Sitemap submission is a good way to tell search engines about your site contents without pinging them regularly. For a normal website, you can generate sitemaps using free sitemap generator tools. But for a blogger blog, the default sitemap file (atom.xml file) contains only 26 most recent blog posts. So, if you submit it in the webmasters tool, your all posts don't get indexed. In this post, I'll tell you how to create a sitemap page for blogger. Actually, it's not a sitemap, but a list of posts filed under the particular labels, but for search engines, it works as a sitemap.
What is a Sitemap?
A Sitemap is a simple XML file that lists out the URLs of the site. Sitemap helps webmasters in including more details about the site such as its last updated date, its connection with other URLs in the website. This makes the search engines to crawl the websites more easily and wisely.
Why a Sitemap Page?
- Sometime robots and crawler doesn't often index site pages and takes up to week to index new pages. This may be because of your blog inconsistency and other factors which lead your blog to affect this way.
- If you are also one of those who are facing this problem in spite of submitting site map then this post will guide you how you can easily create a sitemap which can be implemented on your blog and not only provide readability to crawler but for your readers as well.
- Next time when robots lands in your blog, they will automatically go through your site map and hence will index your newly added pages.
How To Create Sitemap Page in Blogger
- Go To Blogger >> Dashboard >> Pages.
- Create New Page >> Blank Page.
- Insert Page Title of Yours Choice.
- Go To HTML Tab.
- Copy The Code Below and Paste There in The HTML Tab.
border:1px solid #2D96DF;
-webkit-box-shadow:4px 4px 8px 2px rgba(0,0,0, 0.2);
-moz-box-shadow:4px 4px 8px 2px rgba(0,0,0, 0.2);
box-shadow:4px 4px 8px 2px rgba(0,0,0, 0.2);
padding:1px 0 2px 11px;
background:-moz-linear-gradient(right,#C2EAFE 0%,#055A85 40%);
background:-webkit-gradient(linear,left 10,right 80,color-stop(0.20,#055A85),color-stop(1,#C2EAFE));
border:1px solid #2D96DF;
-webkit-border-radius:4px;box-shadow:3px 3px 1px #bbb;
-moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 1px #bbb;-webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 1px #bbb;display:block;
background:-moz-linear-gradient(right,#C2EAFE 0%,#fff 40%);
background:-webkit-gradient(linear,left 80,right 10,color-stop(0.60,#fff),color-stop(1,#C2EAFE));
border-bottom: #ddd 1px dotted;
- Replace yourblogname With Your Blog Domain.
- Click "Publish" Button.
- That's it!
That was the simple sitemap page for blogger blogs from particular label or all labels. So feel free to leave a comment below this post to share your views and feedback about this post. Thanks to read this post only on NVRT Hub.
Post a Comment